Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finding colour.

After changing three times this morning I finally left the house feeling somewhat comfortable in what I was wearing. The problem? I'm PALE! And not the nice kind of pale that lovely red-headed girls can pull off. The kind of pale that washes you out no matter what you do. And I have dark, dark hair which I feel doesn't help my case either.

After the trial and error process, I realized the problem and the enemy - pastels. Unfortunately for me, and others like me, they just aren't our friends when we've lost the bronze luster of the summer months. But that's ok! There's so much else out there. Bold colours, vibrant colours, deeper colours, all that and more. Basically anything that doesn't blend with your skin colour. You can even start going for brighter colours if you're daring enough. Experiment and, like the last post said, start getting ready for Spring. Because it really is just around the corner.

Now that I know, next time I will be able to save myself wasted minutes of undressing and redressing in front of the mirror. Or, maybe I'll just go on vacation and get a tan.

Nicolina Leone

No comments:

Post a Comment