Friday, January 21, 2011

A trend to 'watch' for.

Shortly after Christmas, I met two of my close girlfriends, Cait and Mau, for a quick Starbucks catch up before Cait went back to Toronto. Hugs and pleasantries were exchanged, coffee’s purchased and a cozy table for three was found.

It didn’t take long for Mau to realize that Cait was wearing a new Michael Kors watch. As she grabbed Caitlin’s wrist she somehow simultaneously rolled back her own sleeve (I guess she had gotten a third arm for Christmas) to show off her similar new acquisition. The first thing I noticed? They were both big. Big faces, big straps – man watches.

But who was I to judge, they were two of the trendiest girls I knew and I had a feeling that this was a trend that had just begun. And then there it was. In a Tiffany’s ad in one of my magazines, another man watch. And then sprinkled throughout all my magazines. Different colours, materials, and styles but all big and mostly with round faces.

I don’t know where it came from but, ladies, prepare yourselves. The prices of these designer bad boys can run quite high. If you do shell out the money you may find that you are low on funds to accessorize that grand accessory. Fret not, at Hush we always have something for everything. Look for baggier fitting shirts and sweaters compliment your prized-time-piece without overpowering it. Keeping things neutral and solid will also give the watch more of a chance to pop.

Nicolina Leone

No comments:

Post a Comment